Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hamburger Soup

We hosted my aunt's 50th birthday party this weekend at our house. Dinner was potluck. Of course, I wanted to find a crock pot meal to serve! I decided to make hamburger soup in the slow cooker. In the past I have made it on the stove, but making it in the slow cooker was perfect this weekend. I started the slow cooker before the busy party day began and didn't have to worry about it anymore! Plus, the slow cooker kept it warm throughout the whole party. :)

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef or Turkey
5 c Beef Broth
16 oz Can of Tomatoes
1 c Onions
1 c Carrots
1 c Celery
1/3 c Barley
1/4 c Ketchup
1 Tbsp Beef Boullion or Base


Chop onions, carrots and celery


Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. I even added the raw ground beef to the slow cooker. Not browning the ground beef saved me a lot of time.


Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.


Dinner is served. I had quite a few complements on the soup during the party. I'm sure your family will love it too!


Nutritional Info: (Serves 8)
164 Calories
4g Fat
3g Fiber
15g Protein
16g Carbs
4 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment