Friday, March 23, 2012

Orange Chicken

Over the years my family and I have made orange chicken many times. It is one of our favorites. We have always had to make it over the stove once we got home from work though. I decided to try converting the recipe to a slow cooker recipe. I'm happy I did!

Ingredients: (Serves 5)
1 1/4 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
14.5 oz Can of Chicken Broth
1/2 c Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice
1 Tbsp Chicken Base or Instant Bouillon
2 Tbsp Flour
2 c Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 c Thinly Sliced Scallions or Green Onion
1 Orange or 1 c Mandarin Orange Sections


Add the chicken, orange concentrate, chicken base, and broth to the slow cooker. Mix until the base is mixed in the broth.


Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours. It didn't look very pretty when I got home, but the juice is very yummy.


I used a spatula to break the chicken into little chunks. Then mix the flour in and add the mushrooms.


Cover and cook on high for an additional 20-30 minutes.

In the meantime cook the rice and chop the green onion and orange.


Top the rice with the orange chicken, oranges, and green onions.


It tasted just like the original meal we used to make, and I didn't have to slave over the hot stove cooking the chicken! Success!

Nutritional Info: (Not including the rice)
166 Calories
1g Fat
1g Fiber
24g Protein
10g Carbs
3 WW PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment