Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cilantro Lime Tacos

When my husband was living in Grand Cayman for med school, his roommate Chantell made these cilantro lime tacos. They were awesome! Since then I have made her tacos at home many times. This week, I decided to try to make the tacos in the slow cooker, and it turned out perfectly!

Ingredients: (Serves 5)
1lb Boneless Chicken Breast
1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 1/2 c Salsa
2 Limes, sliced
1 c Cilantro, chopped
1 Red Onion, Sliced
Taco Shells
1/4 Head of Green Cabbage
Shredded Cheese (Optional)
Light Sour Cream (Optional)


Place chicken in the slow cooker. Add lemon pepper and garlic salt. Top with 3/4 c onions and 1/2 c cilantro.


Pour salsa on top.


Cook on Low for 6 hours.


Use a spatula to chop/shred the chicken in the slow cooker. This is much easier than cutting the chicken before cooking.

Add the rest of the onion (1/4 c) and cilantro (1/2 c) to the slow cooker. Squeeze 1/2 of a lime in the slow cooker and stir. Cover for an additional 5 minutes.

Put the taco meat in the shell and top with the cabbage and lime juice. I served the tacos with shredded mozzarella and light sour cream as well.


I love these tacos! It is a completely different taste than our traditional tacos. It is such a refreshing meal.

Nutritional Info: (Without the shell, cheese, or sour cream)\
156 Calories
2g Fat
4g Fiber
22g Protein
13g Carbs
4 WW PointsPlus

3 comments:

  1. Jess, what's a serving size? Maybe I missed that somewhere but I was just wondering. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I didn't mention that. It serves 5 people about 3 tacos each. I'll update the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO easy and SOOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! 2 Thumbs up from this 1/2 Mexican household!

    ReplyDelete