Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chicken with Vegetables and Potatoes

I was looking for a simple and healthy meal to throw together.  My friend was coming over before we went to see Hunger Games so I thought I would try my Slow Cooker out on her.. :)

Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Chicken
4 Potatoes (I used gold because I had them..)
2 packages Mushrooms (Minus a couple for an omlet I was making)
1 lb Baby Carrots
1/2 Onion
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 cup Water
1 tablespoon Worchester Sauce
Begin by placing the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  I didn't thaw mine because it would sit in the fridge all night and cook all day.
Next clean all of the vegetables and potatoes and place them on top.  I peeled and quartered my onion before mixing it in.  Then you can mix together the onion soup mix, water and Worchester sauce in a measuring cup.
Evenly pour this on top of the vegetables.
I cooked this on low for eight hours and it sat on warm for an hour and a half.
This was a really delicious and basic meal to make.  It was really filling without all of the calories!  Sorry with all of the Hunger Games excitement I forgot to take a final picture...

Nutritional Info:
4 Servings
WW Points Plus: 7
Calories: 319
Fat: 3
Carbs: 45
Protein: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment